Did you hear a music track that reminded you of your friends and the fun you had while the way played in the background? Listening to the music isn’t enough when you can get them to join in and play music online and listen to it together.
The concept is relatively new but a great way to share your tracks with your family, friends, and even your partner to remind them you miss them or share a minute or two in your busy schedule. With five ways to listen to free music online by downloading, you can now share your songs and jam!
All of this can be done from work, the comfort of your home, or anywhere in the world. Stay tuned till the end to find out how!
Listen to Music Together Using these 5 Platforms
1. Spotify Group Session:
Spotify is a music streaming service that offers on-demand streaming of over 40 million songs. It also provides personalized playlists and recommendations based on the user’s preferences.
Spotify’s unique business model allows it to offer high-quality content at a low price point. Its ad-supported platform will enable people to listen for free, but they can also pay for premium features like offline listening and higher sound quality.
It has been able to stand out because of its personalization and discovery features. It allows users to create playlists based on their moods or the type of music they like. This helps them find new artists they never heard of before and discover new genres of music they might not have known about.
“Blends” is a feature in the Spotify app that helps you find the perfect song for your mood. It’s a personalized playlist of songs that are similar to the ones you like. You can also add your songs or playlists to it and see what Blends suggest next. Using this feature, you can mix up the playlist of your friends, acquaintances, and partner and then ultimately get good music to listen to.
You can use the following steps to add your friends to your Spotify Group Session:
- Open the Spotify application on your device, and then play any song.
- Now tap on the devices button, which is displayed on the bottom of your screen.
- You will see the Group Session option there.
- Now click on the green button below that says “Start session.”
- You can invite friends in different ways, such as the unique code given by Spotify, by sending the link to social media or messaging applications and copy-pasting the link.
Remember that this group listening Spotify feature is only available for people who have a Spotify subscription and are a member.
2. SharePlay on FaceTime:
Facetime is a video and audio communication service that lets you communicate with other iPhone or iPad users. It can be used on iOS devices, Mac computers, Apple TV, and the Apple Watch. Facetime uses your device’s camera and microphone to allow you to see and hear the person you are talking to. You can also use it to share photos or videos with them. With the recent iOS 15 upgrade, Apple has now introduced a new feature for its users. It is known as SharePlay.
SharePlay is a new feature on the iPhone that lets you share your screen with other people. It’s an Apple-exclusive feature that allows you to share your screen with friends, family, and colleagues.
In addition to sharing your screen for viewing purposes, you can also use it to show off an excellent video or game that you’re playing or watch someone else’s screen while they chat with friends. You can play a movie, listen to your favorite podcast, or carry out free music streaming and more using the supporting applications with the in-sync facetime call.
To SharePlay your favorite tracks, you can follow the steps we have stated below:
- Tap on the Apple music application or any other supported application.
- Now find your favorite song or playlist that you wish to listen to and want to share.
- Click on the SharePlay button displayed in the drop-down menu of your iPhone.
- Now tap on Facetime and start a video call with your friend, family member, and even your partner.
JBQX is a music sharing and listening app that allows users to listen to songs from their favorite artists. It also allows users to share their songs with friends and family.
JBQX allows you to listen to your favorite songs from your favorite artists, share them with others, and discover new music. It’s free on both iOS and Android devices. JBQX gets unified with the Spotify application and allows you and your friends to listen to music together. The platform itself is free and can be downloaded on your device through their web application option. But you will need a premium Spotify account.
You can use the JBQX ideally for group sessions while sitting in the comfort of your home. Jam on to your favorite songs if you are long-distance friends and rejoice in old memories attached to different songs and albums.
Follow the steps below to listen to music with your friends and family.
- Using the JBQX web application, create a private room.
- This makes you the default DJ and allows others to join the DJ queue.
- Now press “Invite” and get a link that will enable you to share with others.
- You can use the link in the “Find a room” or paste it into your web browser.
- Now click on the room, and you can start listening!
Users can also join other rooms; you can go through the list of open rooms. These are displayed in the JBQX lobby or on their home page.
Discord is a chat platform and voice-over-IP service that enables users to communicate in real-time. It allows users to create text and voice channels for discussion, gaming, music, or even socializing with friends.
Discord servers allow you to meet new people and make new friends. They can be used for gaming or socializing with friends. There’s also a large community of artists who use Discord servers as an easy way to share their work with other artists by hosting events like art jams or contests.
Those who are wondering how to share songs from Spotify with your friends on Discord.
Firstly, you will need a Spotify account and the Discord app installed on your computer or phone. Second, make sure that you have the Spotify app open and playing music in the background while you follow these steps:
- Start by opening your Discord application and then click on the Connections menu on the screen’s left side.
- When the “Connections” application opens up, click on “Spotify.”
- After this, log in to your Spotify account in the pop menu.
- All your Discord friends can now see what you’re listening to. You can ask them to join by telling them to click on the “Listen Along” button.
- Voila! This is how you can play music online and listen to free music without downloading and that too together.
Rave is a social app that lets you listen to music with friends and watch movies and your favorite YouTube videos. It’s designed for people who want a more personal experience when listening to their favorite songs or playlists or watching movies and videos.
Rave has many features that make sharing music with your friends easy. You can share the music you are listening to and even create playlists with your friends. With features like voice chat, live streaming, and song requests, it’s easy for people of different skill levels to listen to music together in a way that makes sense. It’s an excellent experience!
To experience it, you can download the application on your iOS and Android devices. Follow the steps stated below:
- Start by registering using your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account.
- After logging in, you can create a Rave or a music streaming party.
- You can also add friends using the “+” icon to your streaming party.
- Listen, chat and play song requests for your friends to have a fun time online!
Is there a way to listen to music together on Discord?
Yes, Discord has now partnered up with Spotify and allows users free music streaming with each other in real-time. This feature is free for all the premium Discord users and requires all the users to have both Discord and Spotify accounts.
Can you listen to music time with friends?
By sharing your favorite tracks from Spotify, YouTube, and other platforms, you can listen to music with your friends simultaneously. You can try Rave for a fun-filled experience, and that too for free.
Now listen to music together anywhere in the world, let your loved ones join, and have a mid-day and even a midnight jamming session. Play your favorite tracks and take song requests. You can have a personalized concert while you’re bored using these five platforms that provide music free online and good music to listen to!
So what are you waiting for? Download any of the applications above and try it out now!